Our greatest fans! Bryce Rusty
and Lacey patiently waiting.
Goodluck hug!
On your mark, get set, go!!!!
Here I am getting my earphones just right. Waiting for the race to begin.. Love it!!!
I can't believe how fast a year goes by these days! It seems like I just ran this race! I haven't been running as much as last year but I still love the natural high you get from running. This year I thought it was going to be me, Tyree, and Stephanie running, when Kirby surprised me and said he was going to run it!!! :) I was so excited! So with a one time practice Kirb was ready. It was also fun because my brother Travis and my sister in law Natalie ran too. It is so awesome to see 600 people ready to run. My least favorite part is waiting for the race to start and smelling every ones b.o. (not something I look forward to!) :) And waking up a 5:00 in the morning! (but I managed!) The day turned out being beautiful and warmer than last year I'm pretty sure. Thankfully Grandma Debbie had the day off and came with us to be with the kids and be the photographer! It is such a rush to cross that finish line with people that love you cheering you on. I just kept telling everyone that I would be happy if I beat my time from last year by 1 second. That was my goal. But, I've got to brag I was 39 seconds faster and I was totally happy about that!!! So my final time was 26:06. 16th place overall and 7th in women age 30-39. Kirby's time was 32:00. He was happy about his time too!! :) He is such a good sport and reminds me to just do my best. It was such a great day being able to spend it with friends and family. Can't wait until next year!!! Great job to everyone.
P.S. Trav, I can't believe you let your little sis win ya!!! Better luck next year!!! :)
Here's a good thought for all my running buddies.
The real reward is knowing that you made a commitment, challenged yourself, and followed through to the very end.



6 comments:
Your mom & dad just told me you already blogged our "big event" so couldn't resist hopping on! Love it Heid, thanks for introducing me to the craziness. Such fun times...exhaustingly, fun times. Addicted to the rush already. And love the quote at the end. Thanks for keeping me pumped for this weekend! Love ya happy mom's day, hope lesson went well and you are soaking in a giant bubble bath;)
Great job Heidi! I'd be happy if I did it in an hour...you kicked butt! Did I mention that you look like such a skinny-minnie in those pics!! You look awesome :) Congrats on an awesome goal and accomplishment!
btw I think that quote can apply to a lot of situations(hint..hint) ;) Thanks for being such a great friend and feeling like you can talk to me.
You go girl! Congrats to all of you! I sure wish I could find that addiction to running that you have. You look terrific! I am so jealous that you guys do that together. I don't know how to motivate myself to do that. YOu are a great example and inspiration! Love ya!
Hooray! I am so glad we did it again! It's always such a good feeling when you get done running! We rock!
you girls are too funny. i'll be there next year... for breakfast! (and to run). i'm bummed to miss ty's earrings... that makes me laugh!!
Um... Hello????? Okay Heidi, our running is cool and everything, but I am so over this post!!! LOL! Your family is so cute, we all love it when you update!!!
Post a Comment